VCOS 2018 Election
VCOS Board Nomination Period Open:
The VCOS announces the opening of the 2018 board election process. The 2018 election will be run exclusively online in conjunction with the IAFC election.
If you’re a current member of the VCOS and are interested in being a member of the VCOS board, please read the following information carefully. Applications can be submitted starting February 2 and must be received by Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 5pm ET.
The VCOS board consists of nine members at-large and the VCOS international director, for a total of ten board members.
No more than two at-large board members from the same division are allowed to serve on the board at the same time. Therefore, we cannot accept nominations from the Western Division this year.
There are three at-large board member seats up for election for 3-year terms through 2021. The top three vote-getters will get the at-large board member positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the “no more than two from the same division” rule.
All candidates for election to the VCOS board must:
- Be a regular member in good standing of the IAFC and VCOS
- Be an active chief officer engaged in supervising volunteers in a combination or volunteer fire department
- Be available to attend four meetings a year in various parts of the country, with the understanding that some expenses for travel may be your responsibility. (These meetings include the VCOS Symposium in the West, Fire-Rescue International and VCOS Symposium in the Sun.)
- Participate in conference calls that occur approximately once a month
- Work on projects assigned by the chair/board of directors
- Promote the VCOS by writing articles for the VCOS newsletter and attending regional fire service events
To be placed on the ballot as a candidate for the VCOS board, you must provide the following information. (These items are required or your candidacy will be disqualified!)
- Your name, address, phone, fax and email address
- A statement explaining your background and why you desire to be a board member in 600 words or less—this statement will be included on the online ballot and also on the VCOS website
- Your department name and department phone number
- Your position/title in that department
- Your supervisor’s name, contact numbers and email address so we may verify your information
- Your résumé
- Your division and IAFC number
All above candidate information must be received by Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 5pm ET.
All information must be sent by email to the Chief Florentino, Chair of the VCOS Elections Committee. In addition, please copy Kelly Ameen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jenny Bragiel Cozad (Jenny@iafc.org) on the email.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair