VCOS 2017 Election
VCOS Board Election:
Online voting opens April 27 and goes until June 8. This year the VCOS election will be run in conjunction with the IAFC election. If you don't receive voting information by April 29, please contact Kelly Ameen at email@example.com.
There are three open at-large director positions available with terms through 2020.
No more than two at-large board members from the same division are allowed to serve on the VCOS board at the same time. The top three vote-getters will be placed in the three open at-large positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the “no more than two from the same division” rule. If there is a conflict, then the next highest vote-getter from a different division will get the position.
Make sure to read and review the candidate statements below.
Seventeen (17) Candidates for VCOS At-Large Director
Seventeen candidates have applied for the three open at-large positions. They are as follows (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Chief Byron Andrews, III, Sterling (VA) Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Fire Chief Norvin Collins, Sauvie Island (OR) Fire District
- Fire Chief James Cook, Leesburg (VA) Volunteer Fire Company
- Fire Chief Rich Cowger, Columbus (MT) Rural Fire District #3
- Fire Chief Charles (Chuck) Flynn, Suffield (CT) Fire Department
- Deputy Fire Chief Gary Hendrickson, City of Brooklyn Center (MN) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Ronald Kleinhaus, Evergreen Park (IL) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Randy Larson, Pagosa (CO) Fire Protection District
- Fire Chief John Mohler, Bloomfield (NM) Fire Department
- Chief of Department Michael Mulligan, Atascocita (TX) Volunteer Fire Department
- Assistant Chief Ward Parker, Eden Prairie (MN) Fire Department
- Deputy Chief Kevin Piatt, Ashburn (VA) Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department
- Division Chief Ron Roy, Douglas County (WA) Fire District #2
- Chief of Department Carl Scarborough, Sni Valley (MO) Fire Protection District
- Fire Chief Edward Switalski, Charter Township of Comstock (MI) Department of Fire & Rescue
- Fire Chief Timothy Whitham, Edwardsville (KS) Fire Department
- Fire Chief Al Yancey, Jr., Minooka (IL) Fire Protection District
Candidate statements are available here. These are also included on the online ballot.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair