VCOS 2018 Election
VCOS Board Nomination:
Thank you to those people that submitted to run for the VCOS board. The board nomination period is now closed and we will be announcing the candidates soon.
There are three at-large board member seats up for election for 3-year terms through 2021. The top three vote-getters will get the at-large board member positions as long as it doesn't conflict with the “no more than two from the same division” rule.
All candidates for election to the VCOS board must:
- Be a regular member in good standing of the IAFC and VCOS
- Be an active chief officer engaged in supervising volunteers in a combination or volunteer fire department
- Be available to attend four meetings a year in various parts of the country, with the understanding that some expenses for travel may be your responsibility. (These meetings include the VCOS Symposium in the West, Fire-Rescue International and VCOS Symposium in the Sun.)
- Participate in conference calls that occur approximately once a month
- Work on projects assigned by the chair/board of directors
- Promote the VCOS by writing articles for the VCOS newsletter and attending regional fire service events
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Joseph Florentino, Chair